Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kolkatta Days 7-11

Today: I did some rooftop laundry ate a mango (yummmmm) and some banannas. Then I took a taxi with Anna with a friendly boy our age who gave us a tour of the Don Bosco Ashyalaym. They take in hundreds of street children and give them vocational training or schooling. They also have 21 shelters "homes" for the children who run away from abuse or are orphaned. I am visiting one of these shelters tomorrow for a crash course in small english phrases for the new children. (and playing games)

Tomorrow: Visiting a leprosy colony a couple hours away then teaching at the Don Bosco Shelter in the evening.

Friday: Prem Dan, Motherhouse work with the older women then in the afternoon have a street food picnic with Anna at the Victoria Memorial. Don Bosco in the evening possibly.

Saturday: Prem Dan in the morning and Kali Ghat (Home for the Dying) in the afternoon. Then at night for 7 rupees we are taking a small bamboo boat to a large beautiful ghat down the river to view the Lakshima Puja.

Sunday: Prem Dan in the morning and I'm not sure for then evening maybe saying goodbye to the Don Bosco or Daya Dan children but I have to brave the ridiculous Kolkatta train station and catch a 9:30 pm train back to Varanasi. I'm excited though because my friend Hannah, from Japan, is sitting by me on the train and she is going to stay at Alice with me for awhile.

Monday: Arrive in Varanasi in the afternoon and see my brothers! I miss them all so much, but I think I will be very sad that Kolkatta is over because it's been a wonderful experience, I've seen and learned so much.

I'll put up pics from my trip when I get home to Alice and tell you all how the rest of the trip turned out but this is my schedule for the next few days if anyone is looking for specific things to pray for. Alright I love and miss you all!

Namaskar (Bengali)
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment