Thursday, June 11, 2009

Not all children like me...

I´m spending some time volunteering at a school for needy children in Quito called Ñeque más Ñeque. My ássigned´ child´s name is Matias. He is pretty awesome first his name sounds like gladiator and he looks pretty samoan for being Ecuadorian.The problem is...I think he hates me.
There is obviously a language barrier but he seems to being pretty annoyed that I exist.


I´ve been pretty sad all day about it. We made a book today that was three pages long about the Argentina game yesterday. He wouldn´t let me help but I thought he was justbeing shy so when he went to the baño for awhile I thought I would suprise him by helping him color his illustrations. Wrong. Apparently I colored the Ecuador fúbol player stick figure with the Argentina jersey and the Argentina stick pigure with the Ecuador jersey. He just like of stared at me like...you...freaking...idiot.

I had to get on facebook to look at camp pictures so I could remember a better time when children loved me. haha Tonight we are hanging out with some amigos from Switzerland. I´m slowing learning some Swiss-German phrases but it´s really difficult to remember. This weekend we are hiking a part of Cotopaxi, the tallest volcanoe in the world. It´s a three day trip so I´ll try to tell you all about it Mondayish.


Here is a picture of mi madre y hermano. They are the two on the right.

3 comments:

  1. hey lisa,man sounds like you're having a blast,hope you enjoy all you can,but we miss ya an cant wait to see ya back here in ole boring missouri,lol gonna go see grampa today,ill tell him hi for ya,love an see ya soon ,dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, coloring the wrong Jersery on the player was probable not a good thing, considering they just won a big match. That is kinda like the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl and you color a Oakland Raiders Jersey on our Quarterback. Hmmmmm
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. lisa- we are lovin it--your el popa corn is here to see grandpa and keep the bvlog going--try sqirrel head gravy for grandpa--uncle vern and aunt karen-and el popa corn

    ReplyDelete