Friday, August 21, 2009

American Meditation and Caddo Bunga

Yesterday I learned a new game called I Spies, it's sort of like a backwards version of hide and seek. You chase hide and then try to touch the person who is "it" before they say your name. I also learned to make a new delcious kind of curry and am going to practice making it tonight. In other news I massacured serveral spider families (hundreds of babies) today. I needed a boy or perhaps Hagrid to help me but I went it alone and I think I did a spendid job. Hopefully I can sleep more soundly tonight.
In my adult enligh class yesterday we attempted to play blows, attempted being the key word here folks. I tried to explain what to put on the cards and almost everyone wrote different proverbs. It was so difficult to get through the first round with a bunch of deep sayings on the cards, and they didn't understnad the game, and they don't speak english well. Bowls fail.
I decided, other than family and friends obviously, I will miss fnp and bowls. I'm starting lost season 3 on my Ipod tonight thanks to Michael Watson.
Norbu and Bikash and some of the boys wanted me to teach them some "american meditation." Haha I racked my brain and tonight I'm going to have them lay down in a comfortable posistion and play sigur ros songs for an hour. I know they will love it because they are really open minded and love every little thing. Plus I think this is giving America a way better reputation in meditation than we deserve. I can't wait! It's going to be awesome...it made me think of when I used to do that at night on field b at camp. On that note it's official, Akash is a Caddo. And also I found out from my Indian friends that so was Ghandi.
Sorry if your my family not from Missouri because you probably missed most of the references in this post. I love and miss you and yes Aunt Rose, Oreos would be crazy amazing. It will be a different experience since they serve their milk steaming hot. Still delicous though, I;m sure.
Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. Just remember if you put Bay Leaves on your Curry, do not eat them, Jennifer said it will make you sick, won't make your dad sick, but it left a bad taste in his mouth.

    Maybe you need to play I Spy with your English Class, heck Dad and I could not figure out Bowls, that is a complicated game after a glass of wine or two.

    ReplyDelete