Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cricket and Curry

So last night Rajeesh and Sharvaun said my food was too boring so they taught me to make real delicious Indian curry. Yumm! One dish down... Today I prepared for the English class by writing down new vocabulary words from Blessed To Be A Witness by Ben Harper. Yesterday I played them Let It Be, and they didn't understand it all all, it was hilarious, 35 blank faces staring up at me! They also really like the phrase "it's not a big deal" and say it all the time to me. I think I will call class early today and play cricket because I need to work on my bowling "pitching" which is difficult. So the rules of Criket are very confusing if you only understand 1/2 the words they say and 1/2 those words you can only understand some of the pronuction. haha but I'm catching on fine I think. They keep encouraging me and they say I'm really good for a girl, but I think that's pushing it a little too far. We lose the ball a lot over the walls of the school and they children climb up the wall so fast, shoelessly, they look like monkeys the way they can climb trees and walls like it's no big deal that it's 12 feet high.
Mom: I did not forget to call you, I just went to Varanasi to the orphanage instead, sorry but I really wanted to go because it was a good chance for me to see the city and the ganga.
Oh by the way I haven't said anything about the weather but it's be really freaking hot if you hadn't already figured that out. Also the rainy season has been really dry here due to climate change so the crops are more expensive and the villages wells are slowing running dry. It's supposed to rain every single say but it has only rained once. Very sad. And when I said "it is hot" I mean 10x hotter than camp. First it's hot yes, but I have to wear long pants and a scarf. Second it's not just 'sweat through your clothes hot" it's "sweat so much you go back in time and sweat through any clothes you have ever worn, yeah like a wormhole" I wake up very thirsty because of sweating so much in the night time. Speaking of sleeping...I'm having lots of zombie dreams...what can this mean? Professor Trealwny?
About 20 boys live here at the school because they live too far away from the school, like Burma or Nepal, or because they are refugees of persectution because they are Buddist in a Muslim area. So Valentino lets them live here but they live in a room all together with no toys except a soccer ball and a cricket ball *that I bought.* I would like to get them some board games or toys and maybe candy. They also need clothes if you have extra smaller shirts or small shorts or kids pants. If you want to help the boys at the school but don't want to pay for shipping you can send me a check at my home address
Lisa Dennis
15818 N. Eldridge
Holt, MO 64048
and my mom can deposit the check and I can buy the children new clothes *most only have 2 shirts* or games. It's not that I'm asking anyone to send anything, the only reason I have said this is because a few people have asked for this information and I said I would put it in the blog.
I miss you all!
Namaste,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I had a dream the other night that I was Hermione. And Harry and I were fighting Voldemort. It sounds dumb but it was freakin scary. Love you!

    ReplyDelete