Monday, August 31, 2009

Me black skin...me black chocolate!

A few nights ago I was reading in the kitchen around 10pm. In came this cute little precious kitty, looking mischievous yet adorable. I decided to let the poor hungry thing go through the scrap bin and try and find some food. I named him/her Teli after Jessica Teliczan because that kitties attitude reminded me of her. Then Teli quickly left and returned with a cat twice the size of her. She shared her food but Cole (the other cat's name) was being a DIVA and wouldn't share the food. Poor Teli was trying to be nice and share but Cole was hissing and batting away Teli. I could tell she regretted her generosity. Eventually Cole felt bad and shared some scraps with Teli, but OH NO!!! The queen mother of all cats (it had to be part tiger) sauntered in like he owned the place, stared be right in the eyes and hissed so loud. I was actually scared of this feline monster. This one I dubbed Ferranto, I think the real Michael Ferranto could be proud and not offended at this. Sorry if you don't know these people in real life because I just wasted your time.
My mother sent me a package which, for the boys who live here, contained lollipops and a nerf football. It took some getting used to with the football and after playing for awhile they got really upset (especially No'rbu) about it getting so dirty. He immediately washed it off and hilariously wrapped as much clear tape as he had around the football. Haha, he only had enough to cover half the ball so I helped and chipped in some of my tape. The tape provided a layer of protection against the pretty purple and pink ball from getting dirty. They never play with it because of this, it cracks me up...the football is cleaner than their faces and hands.
Sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference, we were watching Tom and Jerry Saturday night and I though this would be a good opportunity to give them the suckers. I've never seen such a FRENZY! They went mad! It was soooo funny....I really cannot describe it. They would show me a new exciting way they invented to suck the lollipop that then they would run up to me and say "AUNTI SISTA! Look...(then show me they fancy way to suck the lollipop.) I would say "Woooow...amazing." Then the rest of them would imitate that kid and scream,, "me too...sista I invented that also!" HAHAHHA. Somewhere in their schooling they learned that American's love chocolate and somehow they also learned that every American candy is called "chocolate" So they kept thanking me for their sour apple chocolate. First you need to understand that Akash is very dark skinned and in the darkness of the room he thought his grape sucker was black. After most of the excitement about the "chocolate" died down Akash ran up to me and yelled "Aunti! Me black skin...me black chocolate!!!" He was so happy at this discovery and kept repeating it all night for me, he probably didn't understand why I thought it was so funny,but he kept saying it because he knew I would laugh.

Quote of the trip so far.

1 comment: